Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Garlic Mahi - L&L Drive-In (Mililani)

Nestled in the quiet Mililani Market Place between Longs Drugs and Safeway is Mililani Town's only L&L Drive-In. I go there quite frequently with my son to grab a burger, but when I'm really hungry and in the mood for fish, I order their Garlic Mahi lunch plate. It's not on the menu, but if you ask, they'll cook it. What comes on the plate is a garlic lovers dream. The fish is battered, grilled, and topped with diced sauteed garlic, all over cabbage shavings and two large scoops of rice. Also served on the plate is, of course, a scoop of mac salad and a side condiment of tartar sauce. I rarely ever use the tartar sauce. There's enough flavor as it is. I recommend dousing the fish in Sriracha sauce for a tad more garlic flavor and a spicy kick. At a little over $7, you're definitely going to keep the vampires at bay.

Location:
94-780 Meheula Parkway
Mililani, HI 96789
(808) 623-8886

No comments:

Post a Comment